WHO WE ARE:
The Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce is the voice of our business community. We are a membership-based, non-profit organization that fosters a healthy, engaged, and sustainable business environment and economy in Windsor and Essex County. The Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce is the key connector and advocate for the long-term business success of our Members and our region.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Communications Specialist & Executive Assistant to the CEO
Description and Key Accountabilities
- Marketing and Communications
- Board of Directors and Executive Committee Support
- Administrative Support to the President
- Office Management
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Develop and implement Marketing & Communication strategy for Mainstream and Social media
- In collaboration with the membership and events department, develop, execute and evaluate strategic media relations and communications plans that are aligned with WERCC’s mission, vision and values.
- Write, coordinate, proofread and edit the Chamber’s biweekly electronic and bimonthly printed newsletter.
- Develop marketing material and collaterals, including content.
- Oversee the timely printing and mailing out of the Business Briefs magazine.
- Prepares Annual General Meeting Report.
- Be the first line of contact for media.
- Administer social media strategies.
- Co-ordinate all media conferences, press briefings, and media interviews on behalf of the President/CEO.
- Research, write and/or edit all news releases, advisories, talking points, articles, letters, newsletters (electronic & print) and media kits.
- Manage media relations projects and/or campaigns in accordance with goals and priorities of the WERCC.
- Provide regular and timely information and communication support to membership.
- Manage website content making changes as requested by membership and events departments.
- Prepare media tracking reports and analyses.
- Assist in overseeing brand image program.
- Monitor and respond on Social Media platforms as required.
- Other duties, as assigned.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE SUPPORT
- Prepares and distributes monthly Board and Executive Committee meeting agendas and minutes;
- Produces monthly Board, and Executive Committee packages including notice of meeting with supporting documents and reports a minimum of five working days prior to each meeting;
- Maintains the Chamber’s Policy, Procedures & Guidelines Manual, and Operational Manuals;
- Leads the planning of the annual Board Breakfast and Board Christmas Party;
- Supports the Board in administrative tasks as assigned;
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT TO THE PRESIDENT AND CEO
- Screens all calls to the President’s office;
- Responds, in writing, to requests for information/donations/support;
- Drafts letters and memos for Chair/President signature;
- Maintains electronic files;
- Co-ordinates with the President the daily and weekly schedules;
- Conducts research and creates presentations for the President;
- Interview, hire, and oversee interns;
- Coordinate all Gold Circle events including round tables, luncheons, and dinners;
- Register President and Chair for events and secure travel arrangements;
- Attend stakeholder meetings with the President as requested;
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Handle all maintenance/technology issues;
- Order office supplies
- Ensure proper housekeeping
College or University training and/or work experience in public/media relations or marketing and/or communications, and/or journalism. Administration and computer skills are required. Experience working in a similar environment with a not-for-profit organization and volunteers would be a definite asset.
Excellent organizational skills to plan, manage and execute media projects with the ability to coordinate multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment. Ability to work well with all levels of staff. Website management, social media communication, and creative software experience is a must.
Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), graphic design, ability to work in a Membership/Contact Management environment, familiarity with CRM, MailChimp or similar program and WordPress.
- Writing skills
- Research & Analysis
- Business Professionalism
- Customer Service
- Time management of tasks while being frequently interrupted
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Problem-Solving Skills
Hours - 40 hours per week including evenings or weekends as required to support the President/CEO. Flexibility in working at odd hours is required. Regular office hours are 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Valid license and use of vehicle required.
Interested applicants may forward their cover letter and resume to Wendy Bretz at email@example.com.