17 September 2019
Director of Membership Services
Position title Director of Membership Services
Reporting Relationship President
Description and Key Accountabilities
- Ensures continuous membership growth. This includes new members, growth with existing members and retention of current members.
- Ensures a retention level of not less than the average of the top five chambers in the province.
- Develops and monitors externally contracted membership programs and services including Affinity type programs.
- Coordinates advertising revenue for Chamber publications.
- Serves as a member of the Senior Management Team and backup for the President for external matters in the absence of the President.
- Supervises the Membership Development Executive and Membership Coordinator.
- Coordinates with the Director of Events to ensure a high level of coordination in providing a profitable calendar of events to reinforce the value of Chamber membership.
- Promotes the Chamber as the “voice of business”.
Membership Retention and Program Development (70%)
- Maintains contact with members and follows up with members who indicate they may not renew.
- Ensures that membership category benefits are fulfilled and identifies new tier-specific benefits to add value at each level.
- Reviews bi-weekly membership invoices outstanding: 30, 60, 90 days.
- Researches the availability of Affinity and membership programs based on interest and need in order to add value to membership and increase revenue.
- Negotiates with providers for membership services on a local, provincial, or national level.
- Presents new programs to the Board along with administration and budget considerations for Board approval via the President.
- Monitors the use of all affinity programs and reports on program status to the President annually, as requested.
- Conducts ongoing competitive analysis to assess current and potential members’ options.
- Identifies areas of potential funding via programs and grants.
- Identifies issues that affect business in Windsor-Essex in order to help define the direction of the Chamber’s advocacy efforts.
- Works with the Membership Committee to assess membership services and other membership concerns.
- Attends all Chamber functions in order to network with current and potential members.
- Establishes a close working relationship with the Detroit, Leamington and Amherstburg Chambers of Commerce.
New Membership Development (30%)
- Identifies and contacts potential Chamber members. Solicits membership.
- Grows membership investment with current members.
- Creates and develops marketing materials with a focus on improving the Chamber brand.
- Focuses on specific industry sectors for new members.
- Provides activity progress and/or status reports as requested.
- Attends new members’ events and Membership Services committee meetings.
- Post secondary degree or equivalent marketing/sales experience.
- In depth knowledge of the Windsor/Essex County business environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- An ability to set and meet objectives.
- A professional approach to business conduct.
- Results oriented
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Time management
- Able to work with and direct volunteers
- Able to work with a team
This position offers a highly competitive compensation package based on a strong base salary plus commission.
Interested applicants may forward their cover letter and resume to Wendy Bretz at email@example.com by September 30, 2019.