Join Our Team!
The Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization representing over 600 members drawn from various industry sectors including; manufacturing, agriculture, transportation, finance, and education among others. For over 148 years the Chamber has been the voice of business in Windsor-Essex promoting the needs of our members to all levels of government.
The Chamber is a not-for-profit organization and receives no government funding. A large part of its budget relies on events that help fund its advocacy work for businesses in Windsor and Essex County.
The Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce is currently looking to fill a vacancy for the following position:
Do you love planning and organizing? Are you detail-oriented? Do you enjoy creating high-quality experiences?
The Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce is looking for an Event Coordinator who will assist with the overall planning process of our corporate functions, large and small.
- Hours of work are Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (no weekends).
- Occasional after-hours events are held periodically at locations in Essex County.
- In-office position. Working from a remote location is not available as the coordinator needs to be on-site/in-town for events.
- Plan and execute a wide range of events, including banquets, fundraisers, and corporate functions.
- Coordinate with vendors, such as caterers, decorators, and audiovisual technicians, to ensure all event needs are met.
- Manage event budgets and negotiate contracts with suppliers.
- Oversee event logistics, including venue selection, transportation, and guest services.
- Coordinate event timelines and schedules to ensure smooth execution.
- Provide on-site supervision during events to ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Handle post-event evaluations and follow-ups.
- Previous experience in event planning or a related field is preferred.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of banquet, catering, hospitality, fundraising, and guest services industry trends.
- Familiarity with contract negotiation and vendor management.
- Proficiency in event management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Certificate in Event Planning is a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from office and off-site events in Essex County.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications, relevant experience, and why they would be a great fit for the Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber to Kathleen Westlake at firstname.lastname@example.org.