The BIGGEST Support Local campaign in the Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber's 145-year history.
Support Local is a multi-faceted campaign designed to assist local businesses, retailers, restaurants and professional services from October 2021 to the end of January 2022. This vital campaign comes at a time when businesses are still being hard hit by the COVID-19 pandemic and encompasses the key Holiday Season.
Support Local Unboxing Contest
Thank-you to 519 Culture for their partnership on this special unboxing campaign, showcasing locally made and sold items.
Congratulations to all of the prize winners!
Congratulations to Ervin K. of Windsor who was the winner of our Dan MacDonald replica gift box.
Congratulations to Samantha G. of Windsor who was the winner of our Melissa Bishop replica gift box.
Congratulations to Jennine D. of Amherstburg who was the winner of our Gary McNamara replica gift box.
Congratulations to Laura M. of Belle River who was the winner of our Janice Kaffer replica gift box.
Congratulations to Christie C. of Windsor who was the winner of one of our Jay & Tori replica gift boxes.
How Can YOU Support Local?
- Update your business information in the DineYQG or ShopYQG directories (where applicable)
- Share the program information with your customers, patrons and friends using the marketing toolkit below
- Share your upcoming events with the Chamber via firstname.lastname@example.org
Windsor-Essex Residents & Visitors
- Visit the DineYQG and ShopYQG to explore everything that the region has to offer
- Shop online or in-person at local retailers, dine-in or take-out from area restaurants and choose local stores, artisans and makers when you are holiday shopping - shop local & ship global using Chamber Partner, UPS.
- Use the hashtag #shipshopdineYQG to let everyone know that you are supporting local
Bank Local to Support Local
Presenting Sponsor, Libro Credit Union has extended the following offer to all participating retailers, restaurants and service providers AND their employees:
- FREE business banking for 6 months for participating retailers, restaurants and service providers + A dedicated financial Coach who looks to help your business succeed
- FREE (no fee) personal banking for 6 months for all employees of participating retailers, restaurants and service providers + A dedicated financial Coach who helps you achieve your financial prosperity
- $50 Membership Shares - we will contribute to make you a Libro Owner!
*SPECIAL Support Local Offer*
Open an account with Libro Credit Union today and receive $100 to spend locally. When you bank local, you support local. Join Libro today to get personalized financial coaching to reach your goals.
Visit https://www.libro.ca/legal/loyal2local-campaign-terms-and-conditions to see offer details and conditions.
Throughout the campaign, Support Local program partners shared information and updates on AM800's The Shift with Patty Handysides Tuesdays at 3:25PM.
Listen to past shows:
Local Business Support Services
St. Clair College Accounting Work Placements
The Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) has implemented a new streamlined process for students enrolled in an approved Ontario college program that requires them to complete unpaid work placements.
Dr. Zak Shaw, Program Coordinator for the accounting program in the Zekelman School of Business and IT at St. Clair College, is seeking unpaid work placements beginning in mid September and again in January. The College is looking to place these students in a business or non-profit organization for a one-day program over 13 weeks in the accounting field. Students will work for eight hours per week, in-person or online, on Wednesdays or Fridays.
Employers can request more than one unpaid placement, and supervision is required. Student responsibilities can cover accounting work, including bank reconciliations, HST payments, tax filings, financial statements, and more. WSIB procedures must be followed.
To receive additional information, or to make a request for a student, please email Program Head, Dr. Zak Shaw, at: email@example.com.
City of Windsor Training Modules
The City of Windsor has offered access to a number of their training modules from their Learning Management System. Local businesses are encouraged to use these free modules to update their employee training programs and offer basic safety knowledge to their employees.
- Fire Extinguisher Safety
- Gas & Diesel Training
- Injury Prevention
- Ladder Safety
- Noise Training
- Sharps Safety
- WHMIS Training