2020 ATHENA Scholarship Application is available online.
- For the first time, a total of four $5,000 ATHENA Scholarships will be awarded in 2020. This year is the launch of a new $5,000 ATHENA Scholarship which will be awarded to a University of Windsor Faculty of Law student.
- Due to COVID-19, the deadline for submissions has been extended from April 30, 2020 to Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
- The requirement for the submission of a true copy academic transcript has been removed and an unofficial transcript will be accepted.
- Referee Forms and Letters of Reference are no longer required to be submitted in a sealed and signed envelope. Referees and Scholarship Applicants can e-mail their documents directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Also submissions can be mailed to:
ATHENA Scholarship Commitee
c/o Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce
2575 Ouellette Place
Windsor, ON N8X 1L9
- As well, hand delivered applications will be accepted on Tuesday's or Thursday's 9:00 am - 4:00 pm at the Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce Office, 2575 Ouellette Place, Windsor N8X 1L9. Please place your application on the foyer table.
- If you have any questions, please contact Lee Anne Doyle at email@example.com
The ATHENA Scholarship Program was created in 1999 for full-time post-secondary students between the ages of 18 and 30 years old.
As well as having excellent academic achievement, recipients must be interested in increasing leadership opportunities for women and enhancing the quality of life in our community.
The program is supported by generous donations from private citizens, corporations, professions, academic institutions and community organizations.
In 2004 the ATHENA Scholarship Fund (Windsor) was established as a registered charity. The Fund is currently invested and its assets managed by the WindsorEssex Community Foundation.
Since 2001 the ATHENA Committee has hosted an ATHENA Scholarship Luncheon to honour the ATHENA Scholarship recipients, to acknowledge its generous sponsors and to feature a speaker of influence who exemplifies its values.
2019 ATHENA Scholarship Recipients:
Jessica Glazewski – St. Clair College
Katherine e. Hirsch – University of Windsor
Kiara Clement – St. Clair College
2018 ATHENA Scholarship Recipients:
Syndey Chapados – University of Windsor
Holly Nicholson – St. Clair College
Erin Dufour- University of Windsor
30th Annual Business Excellence Awards presented by Windsor Star takes place on Thursday, May 21, 2020.
The ATHENA® Leadership Award
ATHENA Leadership Award Nominees and Recipients are leaders in their profession, well-connected in their community, hold leadership positions in service and professional organizations and often lend their time and talent to corporate and foundation boards. Perhaps most importantly, they are great mentors who ‘lift as they climb’, extending a hand to their peers and the next generation of leaders alike. ATHENA Leadership Award Recipients foster leadership qualities in others.
2020 Business Excellence ATHENA Leadership Award Recipient: Marlene Corey
29th Annual Business Excellence presented by Windsor Star
Windsor became the first Canadian city to present the ATHENA Award in 1996. The award honours women and men who are recognized for business and professional excellence, for community service, for mentoring and providing a role model to encourage women to achieve their leadership potential. The ATHENA Award is presented each year at the Chamber’s Business Excellence Awards Gala.
2019 Business Excellence ATHENA Award Recipient: Sherrilynn Colley-Vegh