Celebrating 30 Years of Business Excellence in Windsor and Essex County
Since 1990, the Business Excellence Awards has recognized the achievements and successful contributions of business leaders and organizations in Windsor-Essex County. #BEA20
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
Community Exposure - Award recipients are profiled in the local media including Windsor Star, AM800, YourTV
Brand Marketing - Award recipients have the opportunity to differentiate your business from the competition by mentioning your award in all marketing/promotion.
Peer Recognition - This premier Windsor-Essex County business event of the year is the perfect event to promote what you or your business does.
2021 BEA Nominations Open June 1, 2020.
THE ATHENA LEADERSHIP AWARD
ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
GREEN INNOVATION AWARD - NEW THIS YEAR!
LARGE COMPANY OF THE YEAR (over 100 FTE employees)
MID-SIZE COMPANY OF THE YEAR (26-99 FTE employees)
NEW COMPANY OF THE YEAR
PILLARS OF OUR COMMUNITY
PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR
SMALL COMPANY OF THE YEAR (up to 25 FTE employees)
TOURISM & HOSPITALITY AWARD
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR
- Company/Individual/Organization must be located in Windsor Essex County.
- Nominated business or individual must fit the categories according to the outlined BEA criteria. The nominator should ensure the nominee would show a willingness to participate.
- Self-nominations are welcome.
- Previous award winners are eligible for re-nomination under another category after a minimum wait of three (3) years and under the same category after five (5) years.
- BEA sponsors and their employees are eligible for nominations in any category other than the one they are sponsoring.
- Chamber membership not a requisite.
- Current members of the Chamber Board of Directors, Business Excellence Awards Committee, Judges and Staff are not eligible.
- Nominees may be disqualified if it is found by the Committee to contain exaggerated or falsified information or charged under any Canadian law.
- We also reserve the right to retract the award.
- Complete Nomination Form. Nominations open June 1.
- All Nomination Forms are screened.
- Nominees will be sent a questionnaire to be completed by providing information on how they meet each of the criteria.
- The information questionnaire will require an investment of time to complete along with documentation up to seven pages which is then returned to the Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- An independent judging panel comprised of business professionals who are volunteering their time, will evaluate the nominations in each award category and determine the semi-finalists. Semi-finalists will receive a follow up survey to complete and judges will visit the semi-finalists at their place of business.
- The judging panel will complete its deliberations and the finalists will be selected in each category based upon who best adheres to the eligibility criteria and the overall goals of recognizing business excellence.
- A winner for each category will be announced at the Business Excellence Awards. This evening will bring together Windsor and area business leaders and media for a celebration of excellence in business.
- No member of the judging panel shall have direct familial or financial involvement with any of the finalists selected. The decisions of the judges are final, completely independent and will remain confidential.
- The Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to verify the information and to conduct a background check of the nominee prior to being considered. Submissions are held in confidence and are the property of the Chamber.
TIPS FOR COMPLETING THE QUESTIONNAIRE
- Brag – for many, this is the most difficult part of completing the questionnaire. Address all the positive amazing accomplishments you/your company has completed and are working on.
- BEA Volunteer Judges do not know you/your company and only know what you put on paper. See #1 – this is not the time to be humble – get out of your comfort zone and tell your story.
- Layout – follow the application with same titles to make it easier for the judges to score you.
- Report Card – picture the judge scoring you/your company per section. It comes down to your information on the application and your score. It is not personal so bring all of you/your company on the application.
- Give credit to your mentors, your team, clients and the community.
- Talk about what you/your company give back to others and the community.
- What are you/your company volunteering and involved in outside of work?
- Be positive and confident.
- Tell the truth and stick to the facts.
- Have fun with it and smile while you fill out the application.