Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce will sign a MoU with the Chhattisgarh State Industrial Development Corporation on June 10, 2019
June 10, 2019
Windsor -Essex, Ontario Canada – Monday, June 10, 2019
The Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Chhattisgarh State Industrial Development Corporation will sign a Memorandum of Understanding in order to collaborate for the development of modern infrastructure facilities for the food processing sector in Chhattisgarh as well as to facilitate the transfer of technology between Canada and India in Food Processing, Fruit & Vegetables Processing and Non-Timber Forest Produce manufacturing.
- To collaborate for the establishment of Multi-Commodity Cold Storage chambers for horticulture and other commodities.
- To facilitate technology tie-ups and business collaboration between companies having operations in Windsor – Essex and the State of Chhattisgarh.
- To facilitate access to each Party’s respective markets.
- To strengthen and diversify cooperative actions between the Parties, as defined in Article I of this Memorandum of Understanding.
Agriculture and Food Processing Technology Transfer and Investment Cooperation:
In order to support actions to encourage technology transfer and the development of infrastructure facilities for the food processing sector, the Parties will undertake, among others, initiatives such as the following:
- Promote business meetings and other complementary activities that will expand technology transfer, trade and investment relations for the benefit of each other’s regions;
- Encourage and support trade promotion activities such as seminars, investment roundtables, symposia, fairs and trade and industrial exhibitions, trade missions, site visits and marketing studies in the identified areas of collaboration;
- Exchange information on regional and global trade opportunities and encourage collaboration between companies in the respective regions to address business opportunities in third country markets;
- The parties will recommend and introduce each other to opportunities for cooperation and partnerships for technology transfer, investment and trade. They will encourage and assist their respective enterprises to cooperate with their counterparts in the form of joint-ventures and other arrangements;
- The parties will provide each other with consultancy services within their scope of business;
- The parties will initiate development of contacts between Canadian and Indian companies, enterprises, organizations and businessmen thus preserving the existing economic cooperation, scientific and technical relations.
“The Chamber is interested in facilitating b2b interactions between the Windsor-Essex region and the State of Chhattisgarh, India with the objective to provide Windsor-Essex companies access to a growing market for the agribusiness and food processing sectors in the state of Chhattisgarh and other regions of India. We see this as a win-win relationship that will provide markets for the advancements in technology that we have achieved in the Windsor-Essex region and support the growth of Windsor-Essex companies in India.” ~Rakesh Naidu, WERCC President and CEO.
6:30 pm – 6:45 pm
(Followed by dinner) MoU Signing
St. Clair Centre for the Arts
201 Riverside Dr. W
Windsor, ON N9A 5K4
Dinner Sponsored by: St. Clair College and St. Clair College Alumni Association
Wendy Bretz, Communications Coordinator
Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce